CAPL Annual Conference: Instructions for submission
The following formats of presentations are welcome:
- Paper presentation: a scholarly presentation on a forensic clinical, legal or research topic by 1 or 2 presenters. Delivery time should be 15 minutes with 5 minutes following for questions and answers (20 minutes in total).
- Panel discussion: a group presentation led by the submitter (Chair) of the abstract on a topic of national interest in forensic psychiatry; each panelist should present a different view of the topic; delivery time should be 30 minutes for the entire panel with 10 minutes following for questions and answers (40 minutes in total)
- Debate: this format centers on a controversial question in forensic psychiatry; the submitter acts as moderator and the participants must be two recognized experts; delivery time should be 30 minutes for the entire panel with 10 minutes following for questions and answers (40 minutes in total)
- Poster: a concise summary of scholarly work that can be understood with or without a presenter
- Other: a limited number of other formats and lengths will be considered by the planning committee (e.g. mock trial, workshops, longer time slots)
All research abstracts for paper presentations and posters should be submitted in the following format: Background; Methods; Results; Conclusions.
- Prepare your abstract on the official Abstract Submission Form online. If other than regular presentation, please specify preferred format.
- Deadline for submissions is January 15th, 2023.
For submissions you will submit the following electronically:
- Presentation type
- Title of presentation
- Authors & affiliations (identifying presenter(s) with a – ***)
- Abstract (max 300 words/ 2000 characters)
- Comments/explanation if seeking alternative session type or alternative timing
- Disclosure form (available here)- All presenters and authors/co-authors must complete the full disclosure form.
- Three (3) educational objectives
- References (if any)
- Category (Civil, Criminal, clinical, other)